How it Works
1. INITIAL CONTACT: The Expert BMS Sales/Applications engineering team will inquire about your production requirements, delivery schedule and budgetary goals and tailor a quote to meet your needs.
2. PROJECT KICKOFF: After Receipt of PO, the BMS team kicks off the project with a launch meeting that includes the sales engineer, mechanical engineering team, manufacturing manager, fluid power and electrical team leaders, purchasing manager and materials coordinator. A timeline that tracks the major project milestones will be created and shared with you.
3. MECHANICAL AND CONTROLS ENGINEERING: Engineers will establish initial contact with your teams to review your specifications and requirements. After initial designs are complete, approvals will be sent to be sure the designs meet your expectations. Departmental checklists will be completed to be sure no details are missed.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: Your project will be managed with the use of weekly production meetings and management meetings and DAILY departmental meetings to ensure that your project is on schedule and is delivered on time and on objectives.
4. MANUFACTURING/ASSEMBLY: Materials for your project will be moved into one of the BMS manufacturing cells. Visual management tools will provide transparency to allow the BMS manufacturing team to track milestones to the timeline created.
5. RUN-OFF AND QUALITY CONTROL: All machines are subjected to an extended dry cycle to determine if all systems are running properly and to be sure that fluid leaks are found prior to shipment. BMS will run a small part sample to allow application specific tooling to be checked for quality and parts will be checked for accuracy. When the BMS team is completely satisfied, and the machine is producing good parts, customers are encouraged to come in to inspect the machine, get trained in its’ operation, perform an extended part run-off and discuss packing and shipment of the machine.
BMS manufacturing checklists are completed ensuring that all systems exceed expectations and that the machine is ready to be shipped. Photos and video are taken and archived.
6. DELIVERY: The BMS Materials Coordinator will contact your traffic department with machine weights and dimensions or we’ll make shipping arrangements for you. Machine will be prepared for shipment with foam and plastic covering all sensitive surfaces and strapped down and blocked to ensure that nothing moves during shipment.
7. POST SHIPMENT: The BMS team will contact you at quarterly intervals during the warranty period to be sure that you are completely satisfied with the “Customized Broaching Solution” now in production on your floor.