Why Choose a Vertical Over a Horizontal Broaching Machine?
Horizontal broaching machines may be old technology, but they still have their place. BMS recommends that you choose a horizontal broaching machine if your broaching operations fall into any of the following scenarios:
- Your production quantities are low and you will have to change the tooling often
- You want to operate the machine at floor level, no pits or operator stands
- Your capital equipment budget is tight
- Your building has a low ceiling height
- You want to use existing broach tooling that was used in a horizontal broaching machine
Vertical machines are available in both table-up and pull-down styles. Table-up machines are the latest technology and do not require pits or operator stands, while pull-down machines do. We recommend Vertical broaching machines if:
- You want the latest technology
- Your parts have tight tolerances
- You have higher production quantities that do not require regular tool change
- You need to broach more than 1-part at a time to achieve your required production quantities
- You have limited floor space
Contact BMS today to find out what type of broaching machine we recommend for your particular broaching requirements!